Monday, March 24, 2008

I Can't Draw

So last night—instead of a) finishing up my Marketing Strategy case, b) sleeping, or c) doing anything else remotely productive—I stayed up until 3 a.m. drawing/sketching/whatever you want to call it. Why? I don't know...I'm not even good (although I wish I was, so I that's why I keep trying). I've only taken one drawing class in my whole life and I really want to take more; I especially want to take figure drawing and digital painting. Anyways, here's the sketch dump for ya'll.

These are random figure drawings of a guy. They are just really quick gesture sketches and took about 60 seconds each.
Victoria Secret models are always good for female body reference when you have nothing else.
And lastly...my best friend--ALEX. Haha and of course, it's in a more cartoony style because that's just what I prefer. It's always been a goal/hope of mine to do some sort comic strip with my roommates, friends, family, etc as the main characters. But I suck at character modeling, so I've always gotten frustrated with the whole process. Well, I'm hoping to change that. So anyways, I drew this picture of Alex and I'm going to practice coloring in Photoshop using the tablet and such. I've never used either much before, so it'll be a learning process. But here is Stage 1 of my picture of Alex: the sketch! Lines and color coming soon...


12 comments:

The Cichon's said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! I LOVE IT!!! YOU ARE SO TALENTED! I CANT WAIT FOR YOU TO BE HOME FOR THE SUMMER! LOVE YA!

Basarabas said...

Ok, what are you talking about? You are really good. Do you know how many art classes I HAVE taken and I still can't draw like that!! That one of Alex is really cool!

Xelsé said...

I love it! Cutos to you! Cutos!

Morgan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Morgan said...

I think you mean Kudos. But thanks! Cutos works too! Haha.

IzeOfLight said...

I think you should post your drawings of 17 Tallies. =)

Morgan said...

17 Tallies! Haha, ok I TOTALLY am going to soon once I scan them in. Then I can tell everyone the story behind that character. lol

Melissa said...

Hey Morgan!! I really like these! You should be the old man that sits at Disneyland and does cartoon portraits!! :)

Dana said...

Oh my goodness. That is such an adorable picture of Alex. I want you to do one of me! Paleeze???!!!
Love ya morgan

Morgan said...

Haha, only if you buy me lunch or something as payment. :)

Dana said...

I will totally buy you lunch or a lipgloss at MAC if you do a drawing of me like that. That would be awesome!

Morgan said...

Done and DONE!