Tuesday, April 1, 2008

My Secret Obsession

I love to do the Scrabblegram everyday. I love the Daily Jumble too, but those are a bit easier because the max letters you have to unscramble for the Jumble is only 6 letters, opposed to the Scrabblegram's whopping 7 letters (and trust me, that extra letter makes a difference)! Back in high school, I would cut the Scrabblegram out of the paper and try to do it, but I wasn't very good. I would spend all day mulling over it and still MAYBE only be able to get one of the words. Maybe, on a very good day.

In January, I got really excited when I came across a Scrabblegram daily calendar that was 50% off at Barnes & Noble! Well, since then I've gotten better—and subsequently addicted—and now I can bust out all the answers in 5-10 minutes. I tear out a bunch of them at a time and save them for school, church, boring group meetings, roadtrips, etc. Please feel free to call me a nerd; my posting of this truth already affirms it. My friends in my classes know that when I'm doing my Scrabblegram, that I mean business and to not mess with me (and by business I don't mean the business classes I should be paying attention to). Now I think it's time to try my luck at the real Scrabble to see how much I will dominate...

7 comments:

Laura said...

You'll dominate. Totally and completely. And we'll have pom poms there on the sidelines when you do!

The Cichon's said...

You are just too funny! I remember doing those in church! Those were some good times!

Xelsé said...

lol, that isn't much of a secret. :) Mr Burns Quote "Smithers, this pen wont write! How am I suppose to do the daily jumble?" *Smithers breaks down as if his life has just fallen apart*

Beatrice said...

So I was randomely looking at your page on facebook and saw your blog and thought it was amazing. I hope you don't mind that I added you to my "bosom buddy" list. Anyway, you're hilarious!

Dana said...

I won't even attempt these. Gives me an anxiety attack just thinking about attempting these scrabble things! Kudos to you for enjoying a good brain bend.

My awesome blog said...

wow I remember watching you do those and "attempting to help" during church!

Alisha and Eric said...

By the way that whole "My awesome blog" blog is not my real blog. Someone else made that...