Saturday, April 26, 2008

They Really Let You Do That?

I graduated today. I've been waiting for this day for so long because--honestly--I couldn't wait to get out of here. Or at least I would have said that at the beginning of Fall semester. But a lot of things have changed since then: awesome Marketing classes; fabulous, fun roommates; Laura; Xtina; Scrabblegrams; dance parties....and SO much more. This year has been the BEST year I have EVER had at BYU and for once, I'm sad to leave. But what can you do.

Anyways, enough with the emo Morgan. The real reason for this post was because I wanted to discuss theses (the plural of thesis for those who are thinking that I spelled "these" wrong). So yesterday was the university commencement and in the program, those who got university honors were listed along with the title of the thesis they wrote. Some were legit, others were questionable...yet HILARIOUS! Please...scroll down with me to view a few of these gold nuggets I discovered:

Major: Comparative Studies - THESIS: The Mythic Symbols of Batman (Awesome.)

Aaaand my personal favorite (this one's for you Laura):

Major: Mass Communications - THESIS: Using the ZMET Method to Understand individual Meanings Created by Video-Game Players Through the Player-Super Mario Avatar Relationship. (I MUST meet this guy).

....hahahahaha. Seriously, if I knew that you could write your thesis on practically ANYTHING you wanted, I would have done one of these. I'm thinking "The Addicting Effects of Guitar Hero 3 on the College Student Psyche and its Ability to Delude Those With No Real Legitimate Talent at All into Thinking They're Actual Laudable Rockstars." Yes, I think that'll do.

6 comments:

Xelsé said...

Can we say Awesome?! Yes we can! :)

The Cichon's said...

I want to see some pics of you in all of your graduation garb!

Dana said...

That is SO Hilarious! I can't believe those are allowed! How times have changed!!!
It was so fun to see you at church! I MISS YOU!

megs said...

you are my hero in everything you do.
keep up the good work champ.
ps can we kick it valley style together this summer???! cause that would be RAD.

{alex cichon} said...

ok so I am still waiting for graduation pictures!!!

Sherrie said...

We happened upon your blog, and really enjoy it! I guess you can call us blog stalkers. We think you are so funny! Please update more frequently. We have read your last post every night for a month, and it is not funny anymore.

P.S. We really are not stalkers! But we are fans of your blog!