Sunday, April 20, 2008

Why, it's Sparkling Peach.

I always have a bottle of lotion with me in my bag at all times. You'll never know when you'll suddenly realize how cracked and scaly your hands are or when someone will ask, "Does anyone have any lotion?" Why yes, actually, I do.

So I was in the library studying the other day (Wait, let me rephrase that. Now that I think about it, I am almost 100% positive that I was playing
this game online). Anyways, I needed some lotion, so dug around my giant bag and found my handy bottle of lotion. I generously applied it, then went back to "studying."

About 10 minutes later, the guy sitting next to me tapped me on the back and asked, "Excuse me, but what kind of lotion is that?" I answered, "Why, it's Sparkling Peach. Would you like some?" as I handed the bottle to him. He declined, but instead took the bottle, opened it, and inhaled the scent with his eyes closed while saying, "That smells
SO good." Um.....yeah, it does. Creeper. Then he gave it back to me and went back to studying his "Mechanics of Business Writing." Yeah with a boring class like that, I'm assuming you'll use anything as a substitute for a hallucinogen just to keep you sane.

But seriously, I'm always surprised about how much guys love girly smells--
fruity girly smells at that. The potency of my lotion always gets comments from guys and this experience gave me flashbacks to junior high and the boys' obsession with the Victoria's Secret lotion/fragrance--Love Spell. After gym, girls in the locker room would douse themselves in this "perfume," not because they enjoyed the smell, but because they knew the guys did. Personally, I think that stuff smells like a rejected lollipop flavor, but guys eat it up. But it worked, whenever a girl put it on she'd have about 10 guys swarming her within 5 minutes. Even then, I won't give in. Sparkling Peach seems to work fine for me.

6 comments:

The Cichon's said...

LOL! You are just too funny! Ahh, love spell, I remember it now....I think it smelled like a rejected lollipop flavor because the girls used it after p.e....you know it was all mixed with sweat and everything...LOL

Xelsé said...

HAHAHA! I totally remember that!

Laura said...

Ah! I love your sparkling peach lotion! And what IS it with guys loving fruity girly scents? My best friend growing up would always ask me to go Christmas shopping with him for his mom and sister every Christmas Eve (typical, right?) and he always ended up picking out the fruitiest flavors--I never got it! At least now I know it's not just him.

Anonymous said...

This is Gavin. For some reason, this thing wouldn't let me sign in. I just wanted to say that the peach lotion smells pretty dang good. I noticed it in sales class a while ago. I just didn't say anything. Till now :)

Morgan said...

Haha I love it! An actual GUY verifies everything that I've just said! :)

The Harbertson's said...

According to "The Today Show" fruity perfume was the #1 scent in a smell test given to a panel of men.