Sunday, June 22, 2008

I'm a Makeup Whore

It's not secret that I love make-up. I go through phases though: from totally decked out in crazy eyeshadow colors (ranging from my current favorite--orange--to green to blue) to completely minimal and natural. My passion for makeup has obviously gotten out because because I'm always being asked to do people's makeup for certain events. Since April, I've done makeup for 3 engagements and 2 weddings. I love doing it so if you need makeup done, email me and we'll talk.

Anyways, here are a few makeup products I'm crazy about right now:

1. Bad Gal Mascara by Benefit Cosmetics
This new big name in cosmetics comes all the way from the fabulous city of San Fransisco. I get big beautiful, voluminous lashes with just one coat--a few people have even asked if I'm wearing falsies when I use this. Everyone knows that Diorshow is the queen of all mascaras in the industry, but Bad Gal comes pretty darn close and it's a little bit cheaper.

2. NARS Blush
NARS is my new favorite brand because it has AWESOME pigmentation. Their blushes are gorgeous and can be applied light or quite heavy for a dramatic look. All their blushes have subtle pink undertones which highlights cheeks and complexion. Above is my newest purchase--in the color Desire--which I'm in love with. I feel like Barbie when I wear it.

3. White Eyeliner by M.A.C.
This is a beauty trick I learned a few years ago during the one week in my life that I ever watched the Tyra Banks Show. Use the white eyeliner pencil in your waterline when you're tired or lazy (in the link above, click to 4:00 to see how to apply). It's a trick straight from the runway and it REALLY makes your eyes big and pop like a babydoll. I bought the color "Fascinating" years ago when it was the waterproof formula and it's AWESOME because it lasts ALL DAY LONG. And I ALWAYS get compliments about how good I look whenever I use this little baby.

8 comments:

megs said...

omg, you have no idea how much i loved this blog. go makeup!!! and go you morgan burt.

Chelsea said...

And now we all can benefit for your knowledge and learning! I am in total agreement with Megs and would like to add just a bit more emphasis to "go you Morgan Burt" :)

Tim and Niccole said...

Thanks for the tips Morgan! Man...I've been using the same makeup since like 10th grade. I could probably use a change :)

Beatrice said...

Make-up kinda makes me nervous. If you want to try something new, you have to invest some good money into it, and then what happens if you don't like it? It scares me. Anyway, I don't know if I could get you to maybe help me with make-up on my wedding day. I don't have your e-mail, or else I would e-mail you like you asked :)

Morgan said...

Ok first off, I was like, "Who the heck is this stranger Beatrice who wants me to do her makeup?!" Then I realized it as you, which I'm ok with. :)

Well, if you buy you're makeup from a department store (like Nordstroms, Macy's, etc) or Sephora, you can totally take the makeup back if you don't like it. Trust me, I take stuff back ALL the time--I'm notoriously known for it. Because, you're right, you are putting a lot of money into it.

But yeah, I'll totally can help you out with your wedding makeup! We'll have to play around to see which colors look best.

Exteena said...

I second what Morgan just said, take it back if you are not happy with it! And if anything voice what you didn't like and the sales woman might be able to find something that you would actually like to use. and Morgan I'm so glad that you have grown to love Bad Gal as much as I do! I may not be as much of a makeup whore as you but i'm definitely up there. Fyi. new thing I am in love with....haha "F Y eye" by benefit. It works just like one of your paints/paint pots and is a base for your eyeshadow. I get it really cheap from my sista so i'm not sure if its that much of a price dif from what you already use.l

Morgan said...

No Exteena, I'm pretty sure you are just a big of makeup whore as me. I mean comeon, look at how many Pigments you have?! And in crazy colors too. You're crazy girl. But yeah, next time I'm at Sephora I'll check out F Y Eye and let you know. Because anything Benefit I buy, I'm going to use your sweet discount. Haha.

Bri and Adam said...

Looking to get married? Get cast in the next big TV show? Become a huge pop star? Then you need Morgan's Makeup! Morgan indeed did my makeup for the night my husband proposed, my engagement session and for my wedding, as well as for various dates before we got married. Each time, my makeup looked absolutely awesome! Basically, I got married because of Morgan's Makeup Service. And you can too! Simply call Morgan's Makeup Service and all your wildest dreams will come true!

On a more serious note, she really is amazing.