Sunday, August 31, 2008

I'm a Creature of Habit

So my nightly bedtime routine involves me snuggling up in my comforter and falling asleep to a favorite movie. And boy is it ROU-TINE. I usually watch the same few movies over and over and over again. It's because of this that I have achieved the phenomenon of watching Aladdin over 400 times (Seriously, you think I'm joking, but I'm not). Other nightly favorites of mine include Pride & Prejudice and the 1961 version of The Parent Trap. But due to me already having exhausted my threshold for The Parent Trap this past month and having my copy of P&P stolen--I mean, borrowed--by my sister, I've had to search for other alternatives.

So as I plopped myself down in front of my family's meager DVD collection, I was presented with lots of options which is not a good thing for me (for more information on my indecisiveness, see previous post). Immediately I was drawn to the Disney Platinum Collection DVD's, but decided that tonight I was going to be spontaneous and "live on the wild side" (and I guess--in this case--that entails going to bed at 10:30 on a Saturday night). So after sifting through some newer acquisitions to the collection--all of which I recall getting a "rotten" score on Rotten Tomatoes--I chose a movie (shocking, I know).

Don't ask me why I picked A River Runs Through It to finish off my evening...I don't even know myself. Supposedly according to the DVD case, "Robert Redford has fashioned a masterpiece" and in my book, anyone who owns Sundance and created the Sundance film festival is worth a shot. So we're giving this one a try tonight...we'll see if it does the job and puts me to sleep.

2 comments:

LysaLy said...

I LOVE this movie! Brad Pitt in his finest!

Morgan said...

Woah Woah Woah. Hold the phone. Bradd Pitt is in it?! Obviously I didn't get that far into it because if I would have saw him, I would have been up all night watching it!