Thursday, November 20, 2008

Electronic Handheld Yahtzee....Ew

My family has this electronic handheld Yahtzee game that must have been a stocking stuffer from a Christmas ages ago. I'm surprised this thing is still around because normally gifts like that lose their flavor after a month and find themselves sitting battery-less at the bottom of the big black bin outside. Oh, but not this one, it has found a special place in our home that nothing else can fill....bathroom entertainment.

Yes, you heard me right, it's home sits right on top of my toilet (for easy access I guess). I don't know how it got there--it DEFINITELY wasn't me. But occasionally I'll be sitting in the living room and I'll hear the very distinctive beeping of that toy and immediately know--unfortunately--that someone is going at it in there. I don't know how many germs are living on that thing and I don't want to know. I might have to don a radioactive suit--with grabbing tongs, of course--and dispose of it one night.

Yes, I know I'm revealing embarrassing tidbits about my family (what else is blogging good for than to parade your dirty laundry for all your friends and blog stalkers to see?) The most embarrassing part of this story: I personally am guilty of using that...thing. But only once--I had to see what all the fuss was about. Surprisingly, I found it very convenient and distracting!

7 comments:

gavin said...

At least its a handheld game and not 5 random dice laying around...

Chelsea Robson said...

Morgan, yet another trioumph in posting. If only I could be so good... ;)

{alex cichon} said...

I am glad it is not some 5 random dice as well! ;)

Dior said...

I think I actually bought that for STEVE when I worked at ROSS in like..1994. ha ha

mae said...

Okay. I have a confession. We have handheld Yatzee game in one of our bathrooms too. It was also a Christmas stocking stuffer many many years ago and it was also NOT me who put it there. I just thought it was funny that we have such a random thing in common.

Bridgette said...

Morgan!! I just came across your blog!! I miss you so much!! I laughed so hard seeing this post, electric Yahtzee is my favorite thing to bring everywhere!! love it. Let's be blog friends :) Love ya!

Jenny said...

I think I've played that at your house before. Before it was stationed on the toilet, of course. ;)