Saturday, December 20, 2008

New City Ordinance

I went on a date last night and saw the play/musical "A Christmas Carol" at the Herberger Theater in downtown Phoenix. Musicals and plays make me SO happy, so I don't think I could have left that date NOT happy. It was really a good show, our seats were amazing, and I'd recommend it to anyone for a fun FHE or family activity. Anyways, there's a lot of construction around the theater and downtown in general, so as we were crossing an intersection we approached a black construction worker waiting on the other side. Once we reached him he said to my date, "Sir, I don't know if you know this, but we have a new city ordinance in place..."

At this point I'm thinking, "Crap! What did we do wrong? Were we not supposed to cross here? Everyone else was and we had the walking man light...crap."

"...that you're not allowed to bring a girl here who is so dang FINE! *turns to me* Seriously, you are beautiful!" At this point, I laughed and my eye rolls start coming out in full force. But I thought it was SO hilarious. Who says that?!

4 comments:

{alex cichon} said...

HAhahaha! I love it!

krystal said...

ha ha but dont you know it is true!!

Dana said...

That is the funniest thing I've heard all day! Seriously...guys say the darndest things! HAHA

Monica said...

I bet that made your date feel very lucky! You are beautiful! I'm so glad you have a blog! I'm putting your blog address on mine if that is okay with you! WE love your family and especially Marshall. I'm so glad Mitch has such a good friend! I would love to play games with your family! Let's plan it!