Sunday, January 18, 2009

I Got My Call!

I FINALLY got to open my mission call and I'm going to the
McAllen, Texas Mission
speaking
SPANISH!


I've heard it's exactly like Mexico, except you can go to Wal-Mart. Haha, so I got the best of both worlds! I'm really, really excited and I leave April 1! So until then, I better start brushing up on my 4 years of Spanish from High School.

Also, a lady in my ward whose son is in the San Antonio Mission told me that his mission and my mission are always switching between the highest baptizing mission in the United States. So I'm guessing that means that I'll be BUSY! Which is an awesome thing!

9 comments:

gavin said...

that's awesome!!! you'll do so well.

Bugessa said...

Woot Morgan! Congrats! Im so excited for you! Hip Hip Hooray!

Kristel & Ken said...

Hey Morgan! Congratulations on your mission call! That is so exciting! I can definitely see you being one great missionary! :)

Jenny said...

Congrats again! And nice shirt--I can't think where I've seen it before... ;)

Monica said...

How exciting! It sounds like the perfect mission! I am so happy for you! What a life changing experience! I guess it was worth the wait!

Katie said...

We were SO off with our guesses! At least you'll be in the United States so that people with hopefully abide by the law...and you'll get packages in a timely manner :) An adventure!

David and Stacey said...

WOWZA! Morgan, that is awesome!!!!!!!!! I am so excited for you. At least it is in the USA, things can get really scary when you go down to South America, Ask David. How nice will it be that when you get back you will understand when someone is speaking Spanish and find out what they are really saying about us! Sometimes it really comes in handy, but it will really come in handy when you are trying to tech them the gospel. I am happy for you! Stacey

Bridgette Balkman said...

YAY Morgan!! That is So awesome!! I have a missionary in Fort Worth, Texas Spanish speaking and he LOVES it! I am so happy for you, congrats!

Melissa said...

Congrats! Texas sounds fun! How neat that you get to really be familiar with Spanish!