Friday, January 9, 2009

Post-Op Report

Yesterday I got all four of my wisdom teeth out! Everyone told me all these horror stories about how much it would hurt, how I'd "be so out of it for a few days," etc. Well thankfully, none of that happened! It took me about 30 minutes to become fully coherent again from the anesthesia and by the time I got home, I popped in one of my favorite movies--Scoop (Isn't Hugh Jackman just the yummiest?!)--watched Persepolis with my mom, then topped off the day by playing some Super Mario Galaxy on my Wii (I have 87 stars! 34 more to go!). I felt hardly any pain--if any--and actually had quite a splendid day.

Here it is day two and I'm just the same as yesterday...Great! I did some P90X and then took down ALL of the Christmas decorations in the house (including 2 fake trees and all the other random Christmasy littering our bookcase and mantles). Here's a lovely picture of what I look like today after de-Christmasing--yes, the no makeup, messy hair look is beautiful and I know the right cheek is a bit swollen, but that's about as bad as it's been!

Hmm...I must have pretty high self-esteem to post pictures of me like this on the internet..haha oh well!

4 comments:

{alex cichon} said...

You look like a very cute chipmunk! Oh and is that an orchestra shirt you are wearing? Tehe!

Morgan said...

Nope, *NSYNC shirt.

Monica said...

I'm so glad that you had such an easy recovery! Good for you girl!

Love the pics---they make me laugh!
You should have high self esteem, your gorgeous without make-up!

tell your mom hi, I miss her!

Tatsu said...

Wow. You really did chop your hair up didn't you ;)