Thursday, February 5, 2009

Baby Guarding

Last night, Chelsea and I joined my cousin and his friends for a good old fashioned game of Capture the Flag--complete with glow sticks as flags. One of the boys, Danny, was explaining the rules and said "OH! And NO baby guarding." Immediately, Chels and I looked at each other, mouthed the words "baby guarding?" and then both started laughing. Wow, I haven't heard that phrase for over 10 years. Hearing it again made me feel like a kid again, it was a great feeling.

4 comments:

Exteena said...

I've never heard of such a thing. Must be an Arizona thing? I have no idea. enlighten me. And I mean the baby guarding, not the capture the flag part haha

{Morgan Burt} said...

What?! You haven't? It's definitely not an AZ thing, it's a kid playing games thing.

Baby Guarding is when you're playing a game like capture the flag, basketball, etc and one person is guarding someone/something but they're really annoying about it and they stay on the thing the whole time making it impossible for the other person to even get a chance.

{alex cichon} said...

That is just too funny! I love it!

AprilF said...

I'd never heard of baby guarding either. Did you have fun playing?